An employee in this position primarily performs technical engineering work. Responsibilities include using technical knowledge to apply industry-recognized standards as they relate to highway and/or bridge project development efforts. Employee will utilize technical, analytical, and communication skills to develop roadway and bridge plans, affiliated design documents and reports, PS&E documents, and provide support to the lead design engineer. Employee will also apply these skills as they relate to construction engineering, maintaining construction contract documents and accounting, field computations, and support to the Project Construction Leader.
An employee in this position typically requires at minimum an Associate’s Degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Engineering-related field.
JT Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Perform technical engineering duties as they relate to a highway or bridge project development effort as part of an engineering team
- Use computer software to develop roadway plans and aid in CADDS responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of design documents and reports
- Complete design computations and calculations as they relate to a highway or bridge plan
- Assist in developing project plans, specifications, and bidding documents
- Perform construction inspection, quantity measurement and computation, materials documentation and review, and composition of Inspector Daily Reports.
- Observe contractor operations and verify compliance to project plan and specifications
- Develop thorough comprehension of highway plans and specifications and learn to identify inconsistencies or potential errors in the highway plan