JT is proud to offer the experience, resources and services of a larger firm, combined with the cost-effectiveness, client focus and regional knowledge of a local firm.
Founded in 2005, we have grown to over 80 employees with office locations throughout Wisconsin in Green Bay, Madison, Chippewa Falls and Milwaukee. Our design and construction professionals work closely together, utilizing their combined experience, knowledge and expertise to deliver award-winning, economical projects.
JT is looking for enthusiastic civil engineering students to join our team for the summer of 2023. This position will offer students hands-on project exposure on a variety of municipal projects in small and medium-size communities throughout Wisconsin.
An employee in this position primarily performs routine and entry-level technical engineering work. Responsibilities include applying analytical skills to complete computations as they relate to highway and/or bridge project development efforts. Employee will utilize technical, analytical, and communications skills to aid in the development of project plans, design computations, design documents and reports, specifications, and bid documents. Employee may also apply these skills to conduct basic construction inspection, assist in field surveys and investigations, and provide support to a construction engineering team.
An employee in this position is pursuing higher education and requires internship experience as a supplement to formal course work. Duration of position is typically less than six months.
- Perform basic technical and engineering support duties as they relate to a highway or bridge project development effort as part of an engineering team
- Use computer software to develop roadway plans
- Complete design computations and calculations as they relate to a highway or bridge design plan.
- Contribute to the development of design documents and reports
- Perform basic construction inspection, quantity measurement and computation, basic materials documentation and composition of Inspector Daily Reports
- Apply basic engineering standards to complete and/or check field computations and calculations
- Develop a basic comprehension of highway plans and specifications
- Assist with CAD work or project estimations
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Associate’s degree in Civil Engineering Technology
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, organized, monitors own work to ensure quality, and meet deadlines
- Ability to concentrate on complex problems for extended periods of time
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle for travel between jobsites
- Physically able to perform work in the field
- Legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship) in the country where this position is located