JT Engineering, Inc. (JT) is currently looking for a full-time Professional Land Surveyor in our Chippewa Falls, Madison, and Milwaukee office locations. office locations. The position will provide leadership for land surveying and work as part of a cohesive statewide team. The ideal candidate will spend time as required working in the field and the office. Opportunities to also spend time in design or construction will exist if desired.
Real People. Trusted Solutions. Proven Results.
Founded in 2005, we have grown to over 80 employees with office locations in Green Bay, Madison, Chippewa Falls, and Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We provide a tailored approach for each project, proactively engaging and communicating with our clients to ensure efficient and cost-effective service. Our portfolio includes projects at every scale, from small bridge rehabilitation projects to mega interstate highway expansion projects. We work as a team, utilizing our combined experience, knowledge, and expertise to deliver award-winning, economical designs that exceed our clients’ expectations.
- Conduct or oversee field survey efforts for roadway, site, and energy design projects using Trimble GNSS, S-Series Total Stations, and Trimble data collectors.
- Serve as a technical resource for survey efforts conducted by company staff.
- May be asked to prepare survey estimates for internal clients and external clients.
- Coordinate with survey leader and office staff to facilitate existing work and may take part in pursuits of new opportunities.
- Effectively communicate with clients, staff, and management.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, calculations, and deliverables conducted by others or yourself.
- Research previous survey evidence, including maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for surveys
- Prepare site surveying documents and present findings to clients.
- Interest in land surveying and/or civil engineering experience.
- Possess or working towards Wisconsin Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license.
- Experience with topographic survey of roadways, sites, or energy corridors.
- Experience in producing right of way platting, or drafting experience, with the desire to learn right of way platting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-starter with meticulous attention to detail – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, organized, monitors own work to ensure quality and meet deadlines.
- Be results-oriented and able to prioritize work with limited supervision.
- Ability to compute boundaries and right of ways.
- Valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle for travel between job sites.
- Physically able to perform work in the field.
- Occasionally, out of town and overnight travel within the state may be required.
- Legally authorized to work permanently (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions, or without need for work sponsorship) in the country where this position is located.
- FAA Part 107 License (Remote Pilot, sUAS Operations)