JT is proud to offer the experience, resources, and services of a larger firm, combined with the cost-effectiveness, client focus, and regional knowledge of a local firm. We view each project as a partnership and strive to make our clients’ needs, timelines, goals, and concerns our top priority.
Founded in 2005, we have grown to over 80 employees with office locations in Green Bay, Madison, Chippewa Falls, and Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We provide a tailored approach for each project, proactively engaging and communicating with our clients to ensure efficient and cost-effective service. Our portfolio includes projects at every scale, from small bridge rehabilitation projects to mega interstate highway expansion projects. Our design and construction professionals work closely together, utilizing our combined experience, knowledge, and expertise to deliver award-winning, economical designs that exceed our clients’ expectations.
JT Engineering, Inc. (JT) is currently seeking a full-time Land Surveyor (Crew Chief or Technician) for our Madison or Milwaukee, Wisconsin office.
This position will provide an excellent opportunity for individual professional growth as we continue to expand our service offerings and expand our geographic service area. This position will be the technical lead for land surveying in our southern offices and will work as part of a cohesive statewide team.
- Interest in land surveying and/or civil engineering experience.
- Interest or experience with transportation design or municipal roadway surveys.
- Interest or experience in producing Transportation Project Plat (TPP) and Traditional Plats or drafting experience with the desire to learn right of way platting.
- Experience or desire to learn construction observation or design skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, organized, monitors own work to ensure quality, and meet deadlines.
- Must be results-oriented and be able to prioritize work with limited supervision.
- Ability to compute basic boundaries and right of ways.
- Wisconsin Professional Land Surveyor license a bonus but certainly not a requirement.
- Valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle for travel between job sites.
- Physically able to perform work in the field.
- Occasional out of town and overnight travel is required.
- Legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions, or without need for work sponsorship) in the country where this position is located.
- Conduct or oversee field survey efforts for roadway, site, and energy design projects using Trimble GNSS, S-Series Total Stations, and Trimble data collectors.
- Serve as the technical expert for survey efforts conducted by company staff.
- Prepare survey estimates for internal clients and external clients.
- Coordinate with survey leader and office staff to facilitate existing work and pursue new opportunities.
- Effectively communicate with clients, staff, and management.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, calculations, and deliverables conducted by others or yourself.
- Research previous survey evidence, including maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for surveys.
- Prepare site surveying documents and present findings to clients.