We are currently seeking a full-time Land Surveyor to join our Madison, Wisconsin area office. This is your chance to join a growing team and take your career to new heights! As the lead for land survey in our southern Wisconsin offices, you’ll have the opportunity to lead projects, share your expertise, and shape the direction of our services. Plus, you’ll be working with a cohesive statewide team that will support you every step of the way. So, if you’re looking for a challenging but fun work environment with unlimited career opportunities, join our team today!
At JT, we pride ourselves on being REAL people, providing TRUSTED solutions with PROVEN results. This is more than just a company slogan; it’s ingrained in our DNA. It is why we consistently attract the best talent in the industry and why our clients trust us to deliver their most important projects. Join us at JT and be a part of a team that genuinely values and lives by these principles.
JT is proud to offer the experience, resources, and services of a larger firm, combined with the cost-effectiveness, client focus, and regional knowledge of a local firm. We view each project as a partnership and strive to make our client’s needs, timelines, goals, and concerns our top priority.
Founded in 2005, we have grown to over 90 employees with office locations in Green Bay, Madison, Chippewa Falls, and Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We provide a tailored approach for each project, proactively engaging and communicating with our clients to ensure efficient and cost-effective service. Our portfolio includes projects at every scale, from small bridge rehabilitation projects to mega interstate highway expansion projects. Our design and construction professionals work closely together, utilizing our combined experience, knowledge, and expertise to deliver award-winning, economical designs that exceed our client’s expectations.
- Coordinate with survey leadership and office staff to facilitate existing work and pursue new opportunities
- Serve as the technical lead for survey efforts conducted by company staff
- Prepare survey estimates for internal clients and external clients
- Effectively communicate with clients, staff, and senior leadership
- Conduct or oversee field survey efforts for roadway, site, and energy design projects using Trimble GNSS, S-Series Total Stations, and Trimble data collectors
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, calculations, and deliverables conducted by others or yourself
- Research previous survey evidence, including maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records, to obtain data needed for surveys
- Prepare Right of Way Plats/TPPs, Certified Survey Maps, and ALTA/NSPS surveys
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying or related field, Associate’s degree in Land Surveying or related field, or applicable experience in lieu of education
- Currently possess, or have the ability to obtain, a Professional Land Survey license now or in the future
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Self-disciplined/motivated individual who also works well in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Physically able to perform work in the field
- Legally authorized to work permanently (i.e., without time limitations, restrictions, or need for work sponsorship) in the country where this position is located
- Occasional out-of-town and overnight travel is required for professional development and/or project-related work
- Interest or experience with transportation and/or municipal roadway surveys
- Interest or experience in producing Transportation Project Plat (TPP) and Traditional Plats or drafting experience with the desire to learn right of way planting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, organized, monitors own work to ensure quality, and meet deadlines
- Be results-oriented and be able to prioritize work with limited or no supervision
- Ability to compute basic boundaries and right of way
Our benefits are competitive, and so are we when it comes to hiring. Aside from what’s listed below, you’ll find that we set ourselves apart from the competition with the emphasis we place on employee culture. When you join JT, you’ll join a team with shared values, belief systems, and attitudes who are as passionate about what they do as they are about the people they work with.
- Position is eligible for JT year-end and quarterly incentive program
- JT offers competitive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance to all full-time employees upon date of hire
- We also offer an HRA to help cover medical deductible costs and an FSA for dependent care needs
- We offer a 401K retirement savings plan with a company match starting date of hire
- Wisconsin Society of Land Surveyors Annual Institute fees and lodging covered by company
- JT is very supportive of professional development opportunities
- Additional benefits include:
- In-house wellness program to encourage overall well-being in and outside the workplace
- Regular company and team socials to encourage a tight-knit workplace
- Flexible hours and remote work to best suit candidate’s needs
- Collaborative work environment