We are currently seeking a full-time Mid-Level Civil Engineer for any of our four Wisconsin office locations.
At JT, our goal is to provide a versatile career involving both construction and design experience. We strongly believe that gaining experience in all aspects of civil engineering results in more well-rounded engineers. This is an excellent opportunity for growth as we continue to expand our services and markets.
When you join our team, you’ll be provided with a challenging but fun work environment with unlimited career opportunities.
At JT we pride ourselves on being REAL people, providing TRUSTED solutions with PROVEN results. It’s in our DNA, it’s why we continue to attract the top talent in the industry, and it’s why clients turn to us to deliver their projects.
JT is proud to offer the experience, resources, and services of a larger firm, combined with the cost-effectiveness, client focus, and regional knowledge of a local firm. We view each project as a partnership and strive to make our clients’ needs, timelines, goals, and concerns our top priority.
Founded in 2005, we have grown to over 85 employees with office locations in Green Bay, Madison, Chippewa Falls, and Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We provide a tailored approach for each project, proactively engaging and communicating with our clients to ensure efficient and cost-effective service. Our portfolio includes projects at every scale, from small bridge rehabilitation projects to mega interstate highway expansion projects. Our design and construction professionals work closely together, utilizing our combined experience, knowledge, and expertise to deliver award-winning, economical designs that exceed our clients’ expectations.
We serve public and private sector clients in the areas of transportation, municipal, stormwater, and structural engineering, in addition to surveying and construction management.
- Conduct engineering design under the supervision of an experienced engineer
- Perform construction management duties under the supervision of an experienced engineer
- Perform project responsibilities while applying civil engineering techniques, procedures, and principles
- Improve project processes by identifying inefficiencies and recommending solutions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients, and public agencies
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Experience with CAD and design software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D and/or MicroStation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Self-disciplined/motivated individual who also works well in a team environment
- Ability to concentrate on complex problems for extended periods of time
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle for travel between jobsites
- Physically able to perform work in the field
- Legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship) in the country where this position is located
Our benefits are competitive, and so are we when it comes to hiring. Aside from what’s listed below, you’ll find that we set ourselves apart from the competition with the emphasis we place on employee culture. When you join JT, you’ll join a team with shared values, belief systems, and attitudes who are as passionate about what they do as they are about the people they work with.
- JT offers competitive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances to all full-time employees upon date of hire.
- We also offer an HRA to help cover medical deductible costs and an FSA for dependent care needs.
- We offer a 401K retirement savings plan with a company match starting date of hire.
- Additional benefits include:
- In-house wellness program to encourage overall well-being in and outside the workplace
- Regular company and team socials to encourage a tight-knit workplace
- Flexible hours and remote work to best suit candidate’s needs
- Collaborative work environment