JT is riding an exciting wave of growth, and we are looking for an Accounting Specialist to bring their talents to our dynamic team in Green Bay or Madison, WI area office locations. This position is more than just a role; it’s an opportunity to join us in our mission to improve infrastructure and make a difference in our communities.
We invite those looking to advance their career, value a vibrant company culture, thrive on building relationships, and are interested in being a part of something great to seize this opportunity.
As an Accounting Specialist, your days will be spent:
- Managing company in-house payroll, ensuring accuracy of approved timesheets, tracking and deducting garnishments and other payroll deductions
- Reporting payroll tax and retirement plans
- Tracking employee leave balances
- Receiving, processing, reviewing, and reconciling accounts payable invoices for payment
- Communicating with customers and clients to request payment on outstanding accounts receivable
- Assisting with billing invoices in internal and external client software
- Maintaining bookkeeping databases and spreadsheet
To excel from day one, you'll need:
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting, preferred
- 5+ years experience in a payroll or accounting position in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be willing and able to interact with and present to all levels of the organization in a clear and concise manner
- To maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- The ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, organized, monitors own work to ensure quality, and meet deadlines
- To be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e., without time limitations, restrictions, or need for work sponsorship) in the country where this position is located
- The ability to sit for long periods of time to complete project deadlines
- To occasionally travel out-of-town and overnight for professional development and/or project-related work
Our benefits are competitive, and so are we when it comes to hiring. Aside from what’s listed below, you’ll find that we set ourselves apart from the competition with the emphasis we place on employee culture. When you join JT, you’ll join a team who are as passionate about what they do as they are about the people they work with.
This full-time position is eligible for the following benefits:
- Highly competitive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance beginning upon date of hire
- 401K retirement savings plan with a generous company match starting date of hire
- Paid time off and nine paid holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Additional benefits include:
- In-house wellness program to encourage overall well-being in and outside the workplace
- Regular company and team socials
- Meaningful philanthropic opportunities in the communities in which we work and live, including participation in our annual initiative with The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society – Wisconsin Chapter
- Flexible work environment that allows employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Collaborative work environment
We’re different. At least, that’s what our clients tell us. We are real people providing trusted civil engineering solutions with a track record of delivering proven results to public and private clients. This is more than just a company slogan; it’s ingrained in our DNA. It is why we consistently attract the best talent in the industry and why our clients trust us to deliver their most important projects. Join us at JT and be a part of a team that genuinely values and lives by these principles.
Founded in 2005, we have grown to over 85+ employees with office locations across Wisconsin, including Eau Claire, Green Bay, Madison, and Milwaukee. We provide a tailored approach for each project, proactively engaging and communicating with our clients to ensure efficient and cost-effective service. Our design and construction professionals work closely together, utilizing our combined experience, knowledge, and expertise to deliver award-winning projects.
Our core services include construction engineering, land development, land surveying, local government, structural engineering, traffic & roundabout engineering, transportation engineering, and water resources engineering.
JT Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer