JT is riding an exciting wave of growth, and we are looking for a skilled Land Surveyor to bring their talents to our dynamic team in our Madison, WI area office. As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to lead projects, showcase your expertise, and drive the direction of our services. This position is more than just a role; it’s an opportunity to join us in our mission to improve infrastructure and make a difference in our communities.
We invite those who are looking to advance their career, value a vibrant company culture, thrive on building relationships, and are interested in being a part of something great to seize this opportunity.
As a Land Surveyor, your days will be spent:
- Coordinating with survey leadership and staff to facilitate existing work and pursue new opportunities
- Serving as the technical lead for survey efforts and mentoring employees
- Preparing survey estimates for internal and external clients
- Communicating effectively internally and externally
- Conducting or overseeing field survey efforts for roadway, site, and energy design projects using Trimble GNSS, S-Series Total Stations, and Trimble data collectors
- Verifying the accuracy of survey data, calculations, and deliverables
- Researching previous survey evidence, including maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records, to obtain data needed for surveys
- Preparing Right of Way Plats/TPPs, Certified Survey Maps, and ALTA/NSPS surveys.
To excel from day one, you'll need:
- An Associate Degree in Land Surveying or related field, or applicable experience in lieu of education
- A Professional Land Survey (PLS) license or the ability to obtain PLS
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation, either personal or company vehicle, to travel to worksites, meetings with clients, and attend conferences
- To be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e., without time limitations, restrictions, or need for work sponsorship) in the country where this position is located
- The ability to sit for long periods of time to complete project deadlines
- To occasionally travel out-of-town and overnight for professional development and/or project-related work
Our benefits are competitive, and so are we when it comes to hiring. Aside from what’s listed below, you’ll find that we set ourselves apart from the competition with the emphasis we place on employee culture. When you join JT, you’ll join a team who are as passionate about what they do as they are about the people they work with.
This full-time position is eligible for the following benefits:
- Quarterly and year end incentive program
- Highly competitive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance beginning upon date of hire
- 401K retirement savings plan with a generous company match starting date of hire
- Paid time off and nine paid holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Additional benefits include:
- In-house wellness program to encourage overall well-being in and outside the workplace
- Regular company and team socials
- Meaningful philanthropic opportunities in the communities in which we work and live, including participation in our annual initiative with The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society – Wisconsin Chapter
- Flexible work environment that allows employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Collaborative work environment
We’re different. At least, that’s what our clients tell us. We are real people providing trusted civil engineering solutions with a track record of delivering proven results to public and private clients. This is more than just a company slogan; it’s ingrained in our DNA. It is why we consistently attract the best talent in the industry and why our clients trust us to deliver their most important projects. Join us at JT and be a part of a team that genuinely values and lives by these principles.
Founded in 2005, we have grown to over 85+ employees with office locations across Wisconsin, including Eau Claire, Green Bay, Madison, and Milwaukee. We provide a tailored approach for each project, proactively engaging and communicating with our clients to ensure efficient and cost-effective service. Our design and construction professionals work closely together, utilizing our combined experience, knowledge, and expertise to deliver award-winning projects.
Our core services include construction engineering, land development, land surveying, local government, roundabout engineering, structural engineering, traffic engineering, transportation engineering, unmanned aircraft systems, and water resources engineering.
JT Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer